NCCA Discussion Forum
No longer in use. This forum will be removed soon. Please click here to view the new forum.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | New forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NCCA Cricket Discussions
 General Discussion
 Fardin Qayyumi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a

1478 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
fyi...

Fardin Qayyumi, one of NCCA's budding and promising 16 year old youngster was involved in an auto accident earlier this week and is fighting for his life at the Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley. Hope to God that a miracle happens.

Our hopes and prayers are with Fardin and his family in this difficult time.

Fardin in his first full year in NCCA took 23 wickets in the year 2005 in B-division and looked very promising with the bat. More on Fardin's cricketing exploits can be found here... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fardin+qayyumi

Fauadhasan

43 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Our prayers are for his quick recovery. A truly wonderful and talent kid, who is respectful to everyone. I worked with him during U-19 regional trials last year and I also saw him this year during CCL games. Fardin has a bright future ahead of him and we hope to see him back in action soon.

Go to Top of Page

rohan

1235 Posts

Fardin is a fighter, a good kid, and one with a future. Our thoughts are with him and his family, and I hope to see him on the field again sometime soon.

Rohan.
Go to Top of Page

Laks

955 Posts

I just got news from Ganesh that Fardin is no longer with us. It is always very difficult to loose a Cricket Family member, this one is even harder to take given his age and talent.

May his Soul rest in Peace and I pray for The Lord to give the family strength during this tough period.

Laks M. Sampath
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1478 Posts

Fardin Qayyumi
(born - 11/1/1990 ; died - 4/15/2006)

Student of 11th grade at James Logan High School, Union City, CA

May god shower his blessings upon the departed soul and grant him everlasting peace. Fardin will forever be in our hearts. Funeral Services will be held tomorrow at the Hayward Mosque. I will let everyone know about the time and address as soon as I can.

Update : According to Fardin's family, due to government formalities, the funeral will be held on Monday April 17th, 2006. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks a lot to Anwar Mangal, another youngster who showed great poise in helping out with the effort.

Update 10.00pm Sunday 4/16/06: Due to further formalities, as per Fardin's family, the Funeral Service will now be held on the afternoon of Tuesday 4/18/2006. I will post more details asap. I request everyone to please try to attend the funeral.

Update 3.00pm Monday 4/17/06: As per Fardin's family, the Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday 4/18/2006 1.30pm at the Abu Bakr Siddiq Masjid , 29414 Mission Blvd., Hayward, CA. The burial will take place at the Five Pillars Islamic Cemetery, 1761 Laughlin Road, Livermore CA 94550. I request everyone to please attend the Funeral Service.

regards,
Ganesh(408.813.8772)

Edited by - n/a on 04/18/2006
Go to Top of Page

runsgetter

984 Posts

Not much is making sense these days. None more beyond comprehension than Fardin departing way too soon. We'll miss his smile and roaming eyes, we'll miss the swagger in his walk while he shrug his shoulders. Fardin had his head on his shoulder and was set to excel, the sky was his limit and he was determine to do well. My favorite story of him occured at Sunnyvale last year when he cried and went into seclusion for about 30 minutes after he was left out of the team in the North/South game. The goodly president of Sunnyvale went to console him as he sat under a tree, I didn't as I was overwhelmed by his passion to play showed in his disappointment...yes, it was a good sign to show by a aspiring cricketer. I was convienced that he'ld be the backbone of his team someday as he was very level headed....

Fardin, we'll keep you with us in our memories.

OG
Go to Top of Page

hoodbu

515 Posts

This is terrible terrible news. Puts things in perspective. Ganesh, please post services details when available. May God rest his soul in peace and give his family the strength to endure this loss.

I ask all teams who are playing in league games tomorrow (Sun 4/16) to observe two minutes of silence in memory of Fardin prior to the game.

-- Umair

Edited by - hoodbu on 04/15/2006
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1478 Posts

There are so many wonderful stories about Fardin to tell...

The first time I gave him a ride last year, with my 4 year old in his own car seat, I had to mention to Fardin that I didn't have an extra car-seat/booster-seat for him :)

At the start of the season, he was still learning to throw from the 30 yard circle, and by the end he had learnt to throw flat and hard from the fence.

Fardin's email-id read cricket4lifecricket4life@yahoo.com !!

He enjoyed his game day lunches and some among us called him goshti, and it was so much fun to see him arguing with them in broken hindi about his nickname.

He had his own way of dressing up for the game and it was fun seeing a 15 year old among us. He was our future Captain designate.

He had an amazing will to succeed. Some of us can only dream about possessing as much talent as him.

About halfway thru last season Fardin started opening the batting for Valley Cricketers and showed tremendous defensive techniques. During this year's team meeting Fardin asked what's his batting position going to be this season and I asked him what position would he like to bat. He mentioned that he would like to open and then I told him that he didn't even need to ask about his position. Such was the kids manners and attitude, he didn't take things for granted. One of the most important aspects for anyone to succeed, not just on the field, but off it too.

We can't forget his manners, for away games he would wait for his ride at a gas station outside his apartment complex. It wasn't that big a deal for anyone to pick him up from outside his apartment.

An off spinner who did not hesitate at all to flight the ball and bagged most of his 23 B-div wickets with the flight. The sky really was the limit.

At 15, he took his cricket very seriously and would get very upset after getting out. Some of us had to calm him down and explain him that its ok to fail sometimes. He just did not like getting out.

There are so many stories to tell, they're going to be with us forever...

Thanks to all from the cricketing community who have expressed their readiness to help out Fardin's young immigrant family. In due course of time I will communicate further.

regards,
Ganesh

Go to Top of Page

avsingh

228 Posts

Fardin was a promising, talented and a very respectful player indeed. This is the shocking news especially for those of us who saw Fardin grow into a full fledged cricketer over the last year or so.

May God rest his soul in peace.

-Anupam Singh
Go to Top of Page

Amit

79 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is indeed a very sad news. May God rest Fardin's soul in peace and give his bereaved family inner strength to deal with his loss.

Amit
Cruisers CC
Go to Top of Page

MZA

133 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit MZA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May god grant him a place in heaven and give his family the strength to deal with this tragedy.

Since it's too late for this week to observe a moment of silence in memory of Fardin, I propose to the league that all teams do so before next weekend's matches and wear a black mourning band on their shirts.

ZAHID ASLAM - TCC

Edited by - MZA on 04/16/2006
Go to Top of Page

rohan

1235 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I'm at a loss for words.

Fardin was an example in many ways for all the young cricketers I work with to follow. His desire to get to the top, in fact, his *intent* to get to the top was almost certainly going to take him there. I'd only ever spoken with him a few times, but his hunger and willingness to learn spoke to what he could have achieved.

Tragic. While it may feel empty, I know as an association we will ensure that Fardin's spirit and memory live on with us.

Rohan.
Go to Top of Page

dvrraju

525 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
May his soul rest in peace. My prayers are with his family.

-Raju

-Raju Datla
Go to Top of Page

lewisyethiraj

122 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit lewisyethiraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our thoughts and best wishes are with Fardin's family at this very trying time.

RD
(stanford university cricket club)
Go to Top of Page

sdalal

57 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Our prayers are with his family. It is indeed a tragic incident. Does somebody know what happened?

Satish Dalal
Indus Cricket Club
Go to Top of Page

Laks

955 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Four kids including Fardin were driving in a car. The driver also, a teen was driving at high speeds changing lanes. A quick change from Lane 1 to lane 3 sent the car fish tailing and the driver side passenger area smashed into the car ahead. Fardin sustained head injuries. I had a chance to talk, last night, to his brother and the other kid that was in the car. All three got off with minor injuries. Very unfortunate Fardin took the brunt of the crash.

The pain and anguish of the mother was just too hard to take. As a very young immigrant family with meager resources, I shudder to think of the medical bills they are going to be saddled with. Ganesh is in the process of setting up a fund and should be posting details on it shortly. Your generous donations will go a long way in easing the financial burden of the family. There is little we can do to soften the parental anguish at this enormous loss but my hope is we can at least ease their financial pain.

Laks M. Sampath
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NCCA Discussion Forum © NCCA Go To Top Of Page